Looking back on last year, with all the customer work out of the house, sometimes it seems as if I didn't accomplish a whole lot... then I looked at the pictures.
Lone Star Quilt ... Restoration Project
Truly, this was the biggest quilting challenge that I worked on in 2010! A lone star block. The center was all I had to work with. It was authentic 1930's and was literally covered with tangled threads and in very poor repair... Some soul had decided to wash it and then folded it and put it away. It was entirely hand pieced and after working on it for a while discovered why it had never been completed. The only thing I'm sorry for is that I did not take a picture of it in it's pitiful beginning condition.
After clipping all those thread clumps, I took an evening and repaired every split seam.... This picture is after the top was assembled. I hated to do it, but I had to take my rotary cutter to it to straighten it up (as best as possible) and then sew it in. Truthfully, this went better than expected.
|Love the feather border result!|
|Back ... can see the continuous curve in the setting star.|